SKI (Sea Kayak Italy) Course Level 3
- 15-16 March Santa Margherita L. Liguria
- 30-31 March Marciana Marina, Elba island
- 2-3 May Marciana Marina, Elba island
- 7-8 June Albissola, Liguria
Training BC Sea kayak award ex "3 stars".
This course for those paddlers who have already gained some experience in kayaking.
The main purpose of this course is to increase the skills, judgment and decision making required for a day at sea. You will have the confidence to travel and undertake sea trips, with winds up to force 3 on the Beaufort scale using sea kayaks and with the competent skills to be in control all the time.
The BC “Sea Kayak award” Certificate will be issued by the BC provider once the skills required by the certification have been achieved (certification cost of 25€ not included in the price).
The program includes theoretical and practical lessons.
At the time of booking, a 50% deposit will be required by bank transfer. Free cancellation with at least 72 hours notice.
- chart reading, use of the heading and bearing compass, maritime signaling and regulation to prevent collisions at sea
- Calculation of distances and navigation times
- Meteorology (sources of information and interpretation)
- Effects of wind, wave, tides and coastal morphology
- Surfing in a group, safety at sea, first aid elements
- Environmental knowledge for paddlers
- Sea kayak full technique
- Roll (eskimo)
- Self rescues and assisted rescues
- Towing, paddling for several hours with boarding-disembarking and applied navigation exercises
What to bring
Kayak, paddle, spry deck, hat, tow line, pfd, technical equipment for the season (from November to April we suggest to wear drysuit, towel, water and food
Requirements to participate
To have the Paddle Discover certification or to have the individual skills of the SKI level 2 program
Kayak rental 25€/day